Prescription Drug Errors

When a patient is given a prescription for a drug, they are completely reliant upon the doctor to ensure that the drug and its recommended dosage are safe. If the doctor makes a mistake and prescribes a drug that is not safe or a dosage that is not safe for the patient, it could lead to injuries or death. It is the responsibility of the doctor and other medical personnel to ensure that prescription drug errors are not made. If you have suffered injuries due to harmful, wrongfully prescribed drugs, contact a Fort Lauderdale prescription drug error attorney.

Fort Lauderdale Prescription Drug Error Attorney

Lisa S. Levine P.A. is a team of dedicated medical malpractice attorneys based in Broward County that fights for individuals who have valid personal injury claims in Florida. If you have been injured due to a prescription drug error committed by a doctor, pharmacist, nurse, or any other medical staff member, you may be entitled to receive damages for the injuries you have suffered.

Lisa Levine is a compassionate prescription drug error attorney who serves victims of medical malpractice in and around Broward County, Pompano Beach, Weston, Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood, and the surrounding areas. Call Lisa Levine at 954-256-1820 and schedule your free consultation today.

Information Center for Prescription Drug Errors in Florida

Prescription Drugs in Broward County

Physicians regularly prescribe drugs to individuals in order to treat diseases, pain, infections, and other medical needs. Some of the most commonly prescribed drugs in Broward County include:

  • Hydrocodone
  • Alprazolam
  • Diazepam
  • Amphetamine
  • Methylphenidate
  • Carisoprodol
  • Codeine
  • Prilosec
  • Amoxicillin

Prescription Drug Errors

Some common prescription drug errors that lead to medical malpractice lawsuits in Fort Lauderdale include:

  • The doctor prescribes the patient the wrong drug
  • Patient is given a recommended dosage that is too high and unsafe
  • Patient is prescribed a drug that has ingredients he or she is allergic to
  • The pharmacists misreads the prescription and issues the wrong drug to the patient
  • Patient has notified the doctor that he or she is currently taking prescription drugs and the doctor prescribes a drug that is not safe to mix with those drugs

Recovering Damages for Prescription Drug Errors

In Broward County, if you file a law suit against the physician, pharmacist, or hospital, you may be entitled to receive compensation for three different types of damages. These include nominal damages, compensatory damages, and punitive damages and they are defined as follows:

Nominal: These damages are awarded when it is proven that a wrong has been committed by another party and caused the plaintiff to suffer minimal damages or injuries.

Compensatory: In Florida an individual can receive economic or non-economic damages in a civil suit. Economic damages involve actual financial losses such as the cost of medical expenses, lost wages, and other measurable losses. Non-economic damages include non-measurable losses or damages such as pain and suffering, mental anguish, and emotional distress.

Punitive: These types of damages are awarded as a way to further penalize the doctor, pharmacist, or hospital that was responsible for the negligent act. If it is proven that the negligent party acted with reckless behavior or was grossly negligent, punitive damages can be awarded to the victim.

Serving Broward County Residents who have Valid Personal Injury Claims

If you have been injured due to a prescription drug error, Lisa S. Levine P.A. can assist you in recovering the compensation you deserve. Lisa Levine provides legal representation to individuals in Broward County, including the cities of Fort Lauderdale, Weston, and Miramar.

We offer risk-free consultation for individuals who have valid personal injury claims, and we won’t charge additional fees unless a financial recovery is made in your case. Contact a Fort Lauderdale prescription drug error attorney today at 954-256-1820 so that we can get started on your case.