Cauda Equina Syndrome (CES) can be a very isolating condition. Cauda Equina Syndrome support groups can help people feel not so alone. CES can have awful symptoms if left untreated. Patients suffering from CES can experience permanent symptoms of:
- horrible pain,
- impaired bladder
- and impaired bowel function.
Getting through each day with this condition can be overwhelming. These symptoms make simple tasks like leaving the house and enjoying time with family and friends very hard.
Having a Strong Support System Helps When Suffering From CES
Feelings of depression and helplessness are not uncommon for people suffering from Cauda Equina Syndrome. Having a strong support system is very important to getting over these feelings. Some of the best supporters for Cauda Equina Syndrome patients are OTHER patients who are suffering from the same condition. They can understand what you are feeling and the issues you have in everyday life.
Online Support Groups for Cauda Equina Syndrome
The internet can be a great place to start looking for support. Below are some online resources for Cauda Equina Syndrome patients. This is not a comprehensive list but a great place to start.
- https://www.caudaequinafoundation.org/ – Cauda Equina Foundation, Inc. serves to improve the quality of life and care for individuals living with Cauda Equina Syndrome. They offer patient education as well as healthcare provider education.
- http://www.caudaequina.org/ – The Cauda Equina Syndrome Support Group is a grass-roots organization. They dedicate their time to providing information, support and increasing awareness of Cauda Equina Syndrome.
- https://caudaequinauk.org.uk/ – The Cauda Equina Syndrome UK Charity is raising awareness and supporting those affected by CES. Their vision is that everyone diagnosed with CES has access to quality information, informed advice and the appropriate level of support.
- https://www.ihavecaudaequina.com/ – I Have Cauda Equina is a Cauda Equina Syndrome Association. It is a patient led, non-profit organization that hopes to raise awareness of CES and support people living with it.
- https://facingdisability.com/ – FacingDisability.com connects families who suddenly have to deal with a spinal cord injury to people like them who have already been there.
- https://www.backuptrust.org.uk/ – Back Up exists to change the lives of everyone affected by spinal cord injury. That means delivering a range of services to build confidence and independence back into people’s lives, and offering a support network when it is needed most.
- https://www.facebook.com/groups/34376446328/ – Cauda Equina Syndrome Facebook Group is a group for diagnosed sufferers of Cauda Equina Syndrome. It is also for partners and family as desired by the sufferer of whom is already a member of this group.
- https://www.facebook.com/groups/251294615546651/ – Cauda Equina Syndrome Sufferers Facebook Group is a group for Cauda Equina Syndrome Support and Friendship.
- https://www.spinal.co.uk/ – Spinal Injuries Association helps spinal cord injured people lead fulfilled lives.
Get Help If You Need To File a Claim
Cauda Equina Syndrome misdiagnosis can leave sufferers in pain and unable to live a normal life. This is with the burden of medical expenses and the inability to earn income for themselves. Lisa Levine is a nationwide medical malpractice attorney specializing in Cauda Equina Syndrome cases. If you or a loved one suffers severe and permanent injuries for misdiagnosed CES, call Cauda Equina Syndrome attorney Lisa Levine toll-free at 855-551-8060 or fill out the contact form online for a free consultation.